Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Review of Where Do I Go by Beverly Magid

Where Do I GoWhere Do I Go by Beverly Magid
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Where Do I Go by Beverly Magid is a historical fiction novel set in New York in the early 1900’s. Leah and her children have escaped the atrocities suffered by the Jewish in Russia, including the murder of her husband. She has come to live with her brothers and relishes a new life of possibilities. However, her dreams are shattered by harsh reality.

Leah works from home, but upon delivering her wares, discovers that her boss is the owner of a sweatshop. Leah befriends the employees there and they nominate her to be their union spokesperson. Concurrently, Leah is dealing with the fact that her son appears to be working for the local mob.

This book is relevant in our current time when unions are all but disappearing. Mothers will relate to Leah and her struggles not only to survive, but to see her son safely out of a dangerous situation.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment