Saturday, February 17, 2018

Review of All the Best People by Sonja Yoerg

All the Best PeopleAll the Best People by Sonja Yoerg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was extraordinary. Yoerg tackles the difficult issue of dementia in a caring, responsible way. Carole is the afflicted. She notices that something is not right, and fears that she may be developing the dementia her mother had. Carole tries to hide her tics to avoid being placed in a mental institution like her mother was, but feels she is quickly losing control. Allison, her daughter, notices that her mother is acting unusual, but no one believes her and excuses are made for Carole's behavior. It appears that Allison's aunt may be willing to help, yet her aunt begins her own downward spiral of destruction. Never have I read a book that so thoroughly made me feel as if I AM the characters. Readers of Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar will appreciate this novel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment