Sunday, February 19, 2012

On Life...and Death

It's been a busy weekend, for sure. Saturday was my Gramps' memorial service. There was one at the cemetery here in Monterey and one at Casa De Fruta where he lived. It was great seeing family I hadn't seen in ages, but my heart is heavy today. I finally went into my heritage genealogy site and put his date of death, something I'd been thinking of doing for a couple weeks but couldn't quite bring myself to do until now. It seems so final putting that date in.

I am so unsocial that I always try to avoid family functions, yet when I actually do go to one, I have such a great time. I don't know what my problem is. I've realized there are some family members I would really like to get to know better. And I intend to do it! Beware, family!

Today I met with my writing cohort, Courtney, to discuss goals and contests to enter. She is such a great writer, a true inspiration to me. I keep having "false starts" in my writing. I can write a great intro but I never finish ANYTHING! Courtney has given me the task of writing between 2 to 4 pages by Wednesday when we next meet up. Now I just need to find some inspiration! Maybe I need coffee. I'm determined to start something...TONIGHT! If nothing else, at least I have a blog post to show for it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment