Saturday, October 28, 2017

Review of Colleen Hoover's Without Merit

Without MeritWithout Merit by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was my first Colleen Hoover read and I was blown away! I listened to it on Audible and literally did not want to stop to do life because I wanted to know what was going to happen to these magical characters I fell in love with! Merit has an unusual family life. She lives in an old church with her father and step-mother, as well as her mother who lives in the basement and will not come out. Other characters include Merit's twin sister, her older brother, a younger brother, an uncle by marriage who comes along unexpectedly, and Merit's love interest, whom she believes to be her twin's boyfriend. Merit finds herself in the throes of depression and the story comes to a head when she writes a heartfelt letter after which she attempts to remove herself from her reality. Each character is so deliciously developed that you will feel that they are your personal friends. The reader will quickly become invested in the story which has a superb ending. I cannot wait to read more by Colleen Hoover, and luckily I discovered there is quite a collection to choose from!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment