Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Review of The Choices We Make by Karma Brown

The Choices We MakeThe Choices We Make by Karma Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Choices We Make by Karma Brown beautifully portrays a long-standing friendship between two women, that ends in an ultimate sacrifice being made by one of them. Kate and Hannah have been friends since grade school and their families are close. Kate sees Hannah’s devastation at being unable to conceive a child and being disappointed when she turns to other options that do not pan out, such as surrogacy. Kate decides that she will be the surrogate for Hannah and her husband. However, Kate develops a condition that puts both she and the baby at risk. Karma Brown portrays the feelings of the characters so well, that the reader experiences these as the story unfolds. This book reminded me of the friendship between the characters in Beaches--that rare and deep friendship that is like sisterhood. This was my first book by Karma Brown, but I will be sure to read more as I greatly enjoyed this book!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment