Sunday, November 5, 2017

Review of This I Know by Eldonna Edwards

This I KnowThis I Know by Eldonna Edwards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This I Know by Eldonna Edwards is superbly unique and touching. It is a read that many can relate to. Edwards’ protagonist is young Grace, one of five daughters born to a pastor father and a mother who suffers severe postpartum depression and other ailments. The author delicately and sensitively addresses these issues. Grace was supposed to be a twin, but her brother did not make it. She is awkward and finds herself in sticky situations. Grace has a gift of “the Knowing,” or being able to tell a person’s fate. Yet, she always seems to find herself in trouble whether through manipulation by her sisters, or in her quest to help save others. Her father believes she is “of the devil,” and she can never seem to please him which is all she really wants. The book comes to a climax when Grace is forced to use her power in the midst of crisis, risking her father’s fury. This book is so relatable that I think it will touch any reader!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment