Thursday, July 13, 2017

Review of Laura Drake's Days Made of Glass

Two posts in one day, you say? Why yes, I think I shall!


Days Made of GlassDays Made of Glass by Laura Drake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a great read! Let's just say that I only put it down when I HAD to in order to work or sleep. Days Made of Glass is about sisters, Harlie and Angel. Harlie is the older, responsible, take-charge sister, and the main gal in the book. After their mother's and subsequently, guardian's deaths, Harlie must do what it takes to take care of Angel who is the softer of the two and suffering from issues beyond Harlie's capabilities to care for. As such, Harlie goes on the road as a bullfighter in order to pay for her sister's care. She faces many difficulties with being a woman in a man's area of expertise which causes her to keep her guard up and build more walls than she previously had. Yet, in order to be happy, she must learn to tear down these barriers. I found the characters to be realistic and the story to be very well thought out. It left me with a better understanding of bullfighting, yet kept me entertained. I look forward to reading more from Laura Drake!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment