Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Method to My Madness

Hi All,

Is it just me, or does anyone else read two or three books (or more!) at a time? You will notice on my book reviews that many have the same "read" dates. I normally have two actual books that I switch back and forth between, one book I am reading on my Kindle app since it is with me at all times (great for having something to read at the doctor's office), and one in the works on Audible. So currently, I am reading: What I Remember Most by Cathy Lamb in hard copy (this book drew me in immediately!), Trail of Secrets by Eileen Goudge on my Kindle (great so far!), and The River Witch by Kimberly Brock on Audible (I love this book so far but need more time to listen!). Unfortunately, I never seem to have the opportunity to listen to Audible since my commute is now only 5-ish minutes. I originally used it because I commuted approximately an hour and a half per day so it kept me from getting overly frustrated as I sat in traffic. I have soooo many books downloaded but no time to listen to them! I really wish I had them in hard copy (especially James Patterson and Maxine Paetro's Women's Murder Club series which I adore!

My reading tastes are quite eclectic. I love horror and mystery but also enjoy love stories (which I guess could also be considered horror, at times! Or mystery!). Thanks to Colleen Brock, I also love gothic tales and wish I could immerse myself in the swampy setting of River Witch. I'm dying to write more reviews because: a) it assists the authors, and b) I want to request advanced reader's copies of books through NetGalley because I now have a student loan the size of a car payment and am trying to curb what I spend on unnecessary items (although I feel books are a necessity for me for mental health reasons!).

I love to write and have always intended to write a book. This has been my dream since childhood. Unfortunately, I give up after getting very far. For example, a few weeks ago I had started a book and got six pages in and then decided to scrap it. I then started another, got one page in and punted on it. I generally decide it's not good or there is nowhere to go with it. I never have a clear direction and get frustrated. Yesterday, my husband and I drove around the beach and I came up with a story idea. I actually plotted this one out on a scrap of paper for future reference. Hoping to motivate myself to write later today.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! I'm off to read, or crochet, or watch Flea Market Flip, or....

No comments:

Post a Comment